Half-State (Art Book)
Half-State is a 160-page book of never before seen sketches and poems from 2006 - 2013 by James R. Eads.
Half-State was designed and assembled by Cal Tabuena-Frolli, who spent several months in 2018 going through old sketches and perfecting the layout, content and design. Each book is signed and numbered on the inside cover page in a one-time edition of 500. Each book also comes with a three-color double split fountain 4" x 6" limited edition screen print, available only with the purchase of a book. This is a single-run edition. Once it is sold out it will not be reprinted.
Our hope for these books is that they will be seen as an intimate look into the behind the scenes inspiration of prints and paintings that have since materialized into something more. You'll notice several sketches within Half-State that later ended up becoming fully realized works, like "Finding Alakazoo" and The Light Visions Tarot Deck.
The high quality printing creates the feeling that you are holding an actual sketchbook of pencil drawings.
Details and Specifics:
- The book contains over 80 pages of content including collected black and white sketches, several poems and an exclusive interview with James R. Eads.
- The book measures 5.5" x 8.5"
- The outside cover is a three-color screen print and the interior cover is a two color screenprint, printed in our studio in Los Angeles.
- Inside pages printed by Typecraft in Pasadena on 120 GSM cream paper.
- Limited edition of 500 signed and numbered on inside title page.
- The included screen print is a three-color double split fountain 4" x 6" print with deckled edges, hand-signed and numbered in an edition of 500.
- Release: September 18th, 2018.